The college conducts the following co-curricular activities to develop the students all round personality
- Citizen ship training Camp in a rural setting to develop social values and service to society
- Educational tour - to give opportunity to students to see and understand the various places of historical importance and appreciate the diverse culture of India – to develop leadership quality in planning and administration.
- Socially Useful Productive Work - opportunity for becoming self reliant and resourceful.
- School visits - an exposure to the functioning of different types of institutions such as special schools (deaf and Dumb, mentally retarded and blind) and other organizations at different levels pertaining to the subjects in the curriculum .
- Red Ribbon Club:
- Is serving in the college enthusiastically with the following objectives:
- To create awareness of blood donation and to increase the number of blood donors.
- To create a HIV-less healthy world AIDS awareness. .
- To identify the youth in the high-risk category on campus and transform their behavior.
- To reach out to the non-RRC youth, non-collegiate youth and the general public
- Red Cross Association - activities will enable students to develop a humanitarian outlook and work for the cause of society.
- Guest Lectures- by experts in the relevant subjects of the curriculum to get in-depth knowledge of the subject
- Morning Assembly - to inculcate discipline in thought, word and deed and to develop tolerance towards different faiths.
- Career Guidance Cell - Vocational and Career guidance is given to enable students to procure placements. Campus interviews are arranged to enable students to join schools immediately after the completion of the course. At present the students approach the faculty to overcome their academic and personal problems.
- Remedial Teaching - Spoken English classes are conducted for students who experience difficulty in English usage. Simplified materials and extra classes for students requiring individual attention are provided.
- Subject Associations - provides opportunities for more activities such as quiz, competitions, debate, panel discussion etc. as part of the curricular activities.
|S.NO||DEPARTMENT NAME||NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION|
|1||TAMIL||nts;sptPjpahh; jkpo; ,yf;fpa kd;wk|
|2||ENGLISH||WORDS WORTH ENGLISH CLUB|
|3||MATHEMATICS||ARYABHATTA MATHEMATICS CLUB|
|4||PHYSICAL SCIENCE||MICHAEL FARADAY’S ROYAL PHYSICAL SCIENCE CLUB|
|5||BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE||ANTHONON BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE CLUB|
|6||COMPUTER SCIENCE||CHARLES BABBAGE’S COMPUTER SCIENCE CLUB|
|7||HISTORY||HERODOTUS HISTORY CLUB|
|8||COMMERCE||BATLIBAI COMMERCE CLUB|
|9||ECONOMICS||ADAM SMITH ECONOMICS CLUB|
- Interest Clubs
Students select an interest club of their choice. They plan out activities and carry them out during the course of the year. The interest clubs includes:
- Nature Club
- Literary Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Various Committees -
- Board of Management
- Governing Body
- Academic Council
- College Council
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
- Appeals and Grievances Committee
- Library Committee
- Calendar Committee
- Magazine Committee
- Women's Cell
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- University level Cultural competition named KEINS FEST:
To tap the talents and develop leadership qualities which in turn equip teacher trainees with values like sacrifice, tolerance, teamwork and to provide opportunities for additional learning situations, organization skills and public speaking.,
Towards the end of the year students' feedback on teachers is obtained through appraisal questionnaire to ascertain their proficiency in the subject, discipline, communication, and relationship with students, interest in student welfare and the staff are appraised on their weaknesses and strengths. This is done with the objective of helping the faculty to modify, develop teaching practices in order to achieve excellence in education.
International Women Day celebrations
Every year we conduct a talent show named Women’s Art Festival
The main aim of this system is to help the teachers to interact with the students and to provide positive counseling tips to the problems faced by the students from time to time. Teacher Requirement Board (TRB) Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) coaching classes are organized.
Some of the other institutions are offering Master Programmes. Skilled students from those institutions are appointed as faculty members in our college
Alumnae Association is another supportive pillar of the college and link between the former students and the Alma Mater. The students are registered as the life members of the association, when they complete the courses. The members are encouraged, through this association, to live and spread the values and to cooperate with various activities of the college. A lot of outreach programmes and common celebrations are organi- zed; the Alumnae association meetings were held in the every academic year 3rd week of November. Apart from the general body meeting, periodical meetings are held as and when the situation arises to participate in the development of the college. Current students are also involved in the activities of the association.
- Alumnae Association 2011-2012 – Office Bearers
- Student prayer cell
The Student prayer cell enables the students to sustain the core of religious spirit, love and service to the people in and around the campsite.
To highlight the activities of the college annual Newsletter – KEN-KEINS is published
- B.Ed. Proficiency Prize
Awarded to the B.Ed. student of this college who secures the highest marks in the theory part of the examination and passes the whole examination in the first appearance.
- FUNCTIONS OF THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
Date of establishment of IQAC: 2010
- IQAC stimulates the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning process in the college.
- IQAC Newsletters are published every year for dissemination of information among the stakeholders of the college and academic peers.
- IQAC organizes a two-day Orientation Programme for teachers at the beginning of every academic year.
- IQAC conducts student feedback on teachers every year.